Original release date: February 14, 2013
Last revised: February 21, 2013
Adobe has released a security advisory for Adobe Reader and Acrobat to address multiple vulnerabilities. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities may allow an attacker to cause a denial-of-service condition or take control of the affected system. Adobe is aware of reports that two vulnerabilities referenced in Security Advisory APSA13-02, CVE-2013-0640 and CVE-2013-0641, are being exploited in the wild.
The advisory indicates that the following versions of Adobe Reader and Acrobat are affected:
* Adobe Reader XI 11.0.01 and earlier for Windows and Macintosh
* Adobe Reader X 10.1.5 and earlier for Windows and Macintosh
* Adobe Reader 9.5.3 and earlier 9.x versions for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux
* Adobe Acrobat XI 11.0.01 and earlier for Windows and Macintosh
* Adobe Acrobat X 10.1.5 and earlier for Windows and Macintosh
* Adobe Acrobat 9.5.3. and earlier 9.x versions for Windows and Macintosh
Adobe recommends users update their product installations to the latest version using the instructions provided in the “Solutions” section in Security Bulletin APSB13-07.